Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with Krisztina Bell, the owner of No Vacancy and Virtually Staging Properties, and the co-host of “At Home with Paisley Radio Show.”
6. Organize and Declutter – Pack away those personal items, and remove clutter from bath and kitchen countertops. Buyers want to see themselves living in the home.
5. Clean and Neutralize – A house cannot be too clean, especially in the bathrooms; hire a professional cleaning service after all the decluttering and removal of any furnishings – stat! Neutralize dark and neon bright wall colors to a warm neutral hue.
4. Let There Be Light – Keep blinds dust free, and open them up along with curtains to let in as much natural light as possible.
3. Update and Replace – Do a thorough walk through of the home and check for stains on carpets, holes in walls, loose or outdated cabinet knobs and burnt out light bulbs that can easily and inexpensively be replaced. Don’t forget about exterior lighting as well!
2. Curb Appeal – Make those first impressions count! A potential homebuyer viewing a home starts right at the curb. A fresh coat of paint on the front door, a nicely trimmed and landscaped yard, a fresh pot of flowers by the front door and a welcome mat are easy updates. Are those house numbers visible?
1. Hire a Professional – Get expert advice on how best to present the home and its features by hiring a professional home stager. Home staging services are perfect marketing tools, especially for those vacant listings. A home staging company provides attractive furnishings and decor that is brought into a home to instantly create a warm and inviting environment to avoid that cold and desperate feeling of an empty home.
Krisztina Bell is a real estate agent, professional home stager and the pioneer of “virtual staging” that has provided more than 10 years of experience in the real estate marketing business. Krisztina’s niche market is being a resource in teaching and helping agents nationwide and globally transform any vacant property listing into a beautifully staged home through her two Atlanta based companies, No Vacancy and Virtually Staging Properties.