The Atlanta Realtors Association is urging landlords to encourage tenants having trouble paying rent to make use of a new assistance program made available through partnership between the City of Atlanta and the United Way of Greater Atlanta.
The association noted in a press release that the Emergency Rental Assistance Program, funded through a $22 million allocation from the CARES Act, aims to “help tenants stay in their homes and property owners maintain their mortgages.”
Applications are available at www.unitedwayatlanta.org. Tenants can also visit the application page by texting the keyword C19-ERA to 898-211.
In a separate announcement, Atlanta Realtors has provided the following links to a number of federal resources offering FAQs for those seeking COVID-19-related assistance:
- Unemployment Assistance FAQs
- COVID-19 FAQs for Housing Providers
- SBA CARES Act FAQs
- Real Estate Transactions, Independent Contractors FAQs
- The Intersection of SBA Loans and Unemployment Assistance
- Will My Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan be Forgiven?
- Mortgage and Personal Finance FAQs