The Chicago Association of Realtors (CAR) Board of Directors approved an additional $15,000 contribution to the Realtors Relief Foundation in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. This brings the association’s total contribution up to $25,000.
The Realtor Relief Foundation is dedicated to helping provide housing related assistance to people hard-hit by disasters; all monies donated go directly, and as quickly as possible, to serve those in need.
“People look to us as leaders in the real estate industry and it is critical for us to walk our talk about community support,” said CAR President Zeke Morris,Keller Williams Realty, C.C.G. “We hope our nearly 11,300 members will donate as they are able to help people in need, and that other businesses and organizations in the industry will also give as they can.”
“Once again, I am proud of the generosity of our volunteer leaders and their appreciation of how we can help when lives remain upside down,” said CAR CEO Ginger Downs.
Contributions to the Realtors Relief Foundation can be made online at realtor.org/programs/realtors-relief-foundation/make-a-donation. The foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization serving the U.S. and its territories. All donations are used for housing-related expenses for primary residences affected by disaster, from rent and mortgage payments to costs of rebuilding or temporary shelter.
In addition to CAR, here are other organizations who have contributed to Hurricane Sandy Relief:
- North Shore-Barrington Association of Realtors donated $7,500.
- The Peoria Area Association of Realtors donated $1,000.
- The Heartland Realtor Organization donated $2,500t.
- The Mainstreet Organization of Realtors donated $25,000.
- The Three Rivers Association of Realtors donated $1,000.
- Midwest Real Estate Data donated $25,000.
- The Capital Area Association of Realtors donated $1,000.