0
0
0

Atlanta’s Luxury Housing Market Remains Ahead of the Curve

by Peter Thomas Ricci

Atlanta’s strong luxury housing market is showing now signs of slowing down

top-luxury-markets-us-million-dollar-home-sales-2014-2013

Sales prices for Atlanta’s luxury housing market are leading the charge this year, according to a new Redfin analysis of the nation’s luxury markets.

Redfin’s study analyzed the top 5 percent of listings, and according to its research, the average sale price for Atlanta’s luxury market in 2015’s first quarter was $1.366 million, an 8.8 percent increase from 2014’s first quarter. By comparison, the remaining 95 percent of listings in Atlanta saw their average sales price jump 5.9 percent to $227,000.

Despite that increase in price, additional numbers from Redfin’s analysis offer a more nuanced portrait of Atlanta’s luxury market. For the top 5 percent of Atlanta listings, the average days on market in 2015’s first quarter was 98, quite a few days more than the 59 days for the remaining 95 percent of listings.

Luxury Real Estate in Atlanta

One other interesting characteristic of Atlanta’s luxury housing market is how much more expensive those upper-tier listings are than the remainder of the market.

According to Redfin, listings in the top 5 percent are 5.5 times pricier, which is among the largest disparities in the country – though admittedly, it’s far beyond the 11.6 of Miami Beach.

This graph shows the luxury sales price ratio for the nation’s largest metro areas:

Luxury-Sale-Price-Ratio

Read More Related to This Post

Join the conversation

New Subscribe