Below are just a few of the questions agents need to ask to assess potential clients’ current situation, motivation, and timeline.
- How long have you been looking for a new home? How soon do you hope to move?
- Have you been working with another agent?
- What have you seen so far? What do you think of the homes you’ve seen?
- Tell me about your family. What size place to you think you need? What about schools?
- Do you own your current home? Do you need to sell it before you can buy a new home?
- Are you interested in new construction, resale, or both?
- What is your price range? Has a lender prequalified you for that amount?
- Do you want a single-family home, townhome, or condo? How many bedrooms and baths do you need?
- When do you want to start looking at properties? When will you be ready to buy?
- Do you prefer to be contacted by phone call, text, or email?