Atlanta’s population is booming and one of its attractions might be just how fun it is to live here. WalletHub recently ranked Atlanta as the fourth most fun city in the country. The website looked at 65 metrics including the number of attractions, restaurants, music festivals and venues and as well as how much these activities can cost. Atlanta came in at No. 4 for nightlife and parties and No. 13 for entertainment and recreation.
In other Atlanta real estate news:
- Pollack Shores Real Estate group announced that they are planning to build 319 Class A apartments along the Beltline’s future Southside Trail. With plans to break ground next month, developers will be offering 50 units with trail-front views as well as micro rentals, which are around 500 square feet. The largest spaces are expected to be around 1,500 square feet. The development is expected to start delivering rentals in the fall 2019, according to Curbed Atlanta.
- Grubb Properties submitted formal rezoning requests for a 19.4-acre site in Dunwoody in order to bring around 900 condominiums to the area. Curbed Atlanta reports that the development, currently called Park at Perimeter Center East, would include 500,000 square feet of office space, 12,000 square feet of retail, three acres of parkland as well as townhomes.
- One of Buckhead’s largest condo project, The Sutton, has changed course and will now be offered as a luxury rentals only. The development was originally going to be 21-stories and priced from $500,000 to more than $2 million. However, deposits have been returned and the developer told investors that it was unable to meet its goal of 50 units sold by September 15.
- PulteGroup announced it is relaunching its Centex brand in the metro Atlanta area. The hope is to provide more affordable new home communities for first-time homebuyers. The newest community, Princeton Village, is open in Palmetto, Georgia and new communities will be coming to areas in Gwinnett County and Henry County.
- In other news from PulteGroup, Executive Vice President and COO Harmon D. Smith plans to retire as of March 29, 2019. Smith has served in this position since February 2016. No announcement was made in regards to his successor.
- John McNair has been named president and CEO of the Community Bankers Association of Georgia. Executive vice president of member relationships at the Independent Community Bankers of America, McNair is succeeding Rob Braswell who is retiring at the end of October.