Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with Sherry Kwintner, a Realtor with Palmerhouse Properties in the North Georgia markets, for her top strategies for how new agents can succeed.
10. Develop a Business Plan –
- Set your sales target
- Identify your marketing arsenal
- Add in personal improvement goals
9. Post a Sign Near Your Work Space – “Is what I’m doing right now an income-producing activity?”
8. Do What You Say You Are Going to Do! – Create opportunities by sending that email you promised to a fellow agent, dropping off information to a warm prospect or attending a scheduled appointment.
7. Be on T.I.M.E. – Better than being on Time is being early! Nothing says you are organized and engaged more than being there and ready to go.
6. Go Above and Beyond Without Expectations of Praise or Acknowledgement –
- Share best practices
- Send Thank You notes
- Pick up litter if walking by it
- Help fellow Agents
5. Use a CRM to organize contacts and keep everything at your fingertips!
4. Find a great mentor and listen until your ears hurt!
3. Be the early bird who gets the worm! Wake up, work out and get your day underway.
2. Continually Improve Your Mind –
- Read daily
- Attend CEU classes
- Get a designation, like Graduate Realtor Institute, ABR, CMRS, etc.
- Sign up for webinars
- Be present for office meetings
1. Learn your market in PERSON!
- Participate in Caravans
- Take documents in person
- Meet your neighbors
- Definitely Farm a neighborhood and get out there!
Sherry Kwintner is a Realtor with Palmerhouse Properties in the North Georgia markets. With specialties in marketing and branding, sales, problem solving, management, operations and accounting, Sherry brings numerous skills to her real estate business.