Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with Judson Adamson, the president/CEO of Atlanta Communities Real Estate Brokerage, for his tips on running a successful real estate brokerage.
9. Stay laser-focused on your culture, and make sure your management team and staff are all in alignment. Develop a culture that is fun, energetic, positive and professional.
8. Live out your value proposition, and provide five-star products, services and support for your agents
7. Always do what is best for the agent; what is right for the agent is right for the brokerage.
6. Hire a knowledgeable, professional management team that is always accessible to your Realtors.
5. Strive for operational excellence, and hire world-class administrative staff that provides support to the management team, as well as the Realtors.
4. Provide beautiful, professional and multi-use offices for Realtors. We thrive on being a “community of Realtors,” and each of our office locations perpetuate that.
3. Understand that your Realtor population is very diverse in regards to how they do business and the resources they want and need to do business. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
2. Strive to exceed not only your agents’ expectations, but also their clients’ expectations.
1. Do everything with integrity. Build up your company’s leadership team so that they can exercise best business practices each and every day.
Judson Adamson earned his real estate license in 1988, and after 20 years with an international real estate brand, he founded Atlanta Communities Real Estate Brokerage in 2009. Starting with 100 agents in one location, Atlanta Communities has now grown to five locations throughout the Atlanta area and has more than 750 Realtors. In 2015, Atlanta Communities sold more than 5,800 properties, representing more than $1.35 billion in gross sales volume.