Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with Jennifer Greenway, a productivity coach with Keller Williams Realty, on how agents can run their business like an actual business.
10. Open a separate bank account for your business
9. Open a credit card for your business and use it for all expenses
8. Set up a corporation for your business
7. Connect with a real estate specific tax professional
6. Pay yourself a salary and pay yourself a quarterly bonus; not a check from each closing
5. Get a business coach; meet regularly to stay motivated and on track
4. Invest in education- keep yourself abreast of current market trends
3. Have a marketing plan in writing; it’s about consistency not content
2. Have an accountability group that you meet with weekly; share ideas, be real, hold each other accountable to your goals
1. Attend an annual business planning clinic; review your plan monthly with your business coach, readjust as needed.
Jennifer Greenway is a productivity coach with Keller Williams Realty, and she spends her time developing others and seeing them achieve their goals. A lover of crunching numbers, she helps agents develop a plan to improve the bottom line and help put the wheels in motion.