Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with Elizabeth King, a Realtor at Harry Norman, Realtor’s Buckhead office, for her tips on how new Realtors can find success.
Becoming a successful Realtor takes time, determination, and hard work. Here are a few tips on how new agents can become successful.
5. Direct Mail Marketing: This is a big one. I send out a postcard via direct mail at least once a month to the neighborhoods where I specialize. This will either be a sold postcard promoting any homes that I have recently sold or a new listing postcard promoting any new listings. I do this sometimes more than once a month, and the repetition helps people remember my name/face, and then when they see my signs around the neighborhood, they put the two together and remember that I specialize in their neighborhood.
4. Get Involved in Your Neighborhood: I am a member of my neighborhood Civic Association, and I attend the meetings every other month. This is a great way to get to know your neighbors and establish yourself in your community. Also, I write a column in the monthly newsletter providing home improvement tips.
Each month, I write about a different topic ranging from curb appeal, staging, backyard ideas, minor updates, etc. This has allowed neighbors to recognize me as the neighborhood realtor, and I have started listing and selling homes in my neighborhood. I am also a member of the Garden Club, and I am the Garden Club Hospitality Chair this year, in the neighborhood where I grew up and where I also do a lot of business. This helps me stay involved with my farm area and allows me to meet new neighbors, as well.
3. Social Media Marketing: This is great for the younger generation who is into technology and social media. I have my own Facebook page for my business, Elizabeth Harris King with Harry Norman Realtors, and I use that for my main source of social media marketing, along with Twitter and Instagram. Friends and followers see that I am a Realtor in Atlanta and remember that when they go to buy or sell a home. It’s amazing how many people have called me to help them buy a house after seeing posts on social media.
2. Email Marketing: I send emails to clients or potential clients every 2 months with e-cards that my marketing director designs for me. The e-card varies from telling what the market is doing, inventory numbers and YTD sales prices/percentages, recent sales or new listings, etc. This keeps clients seeing my face often, and everyone loves to hear how the real estate market is doing.
1. Having a Website: Having a website is important for the younger generation of Realtors because people in the younger generation looking to buy or sell will most likely look you up and read about you on your website. Potential clients also like to see your listings, recent sales, etc., and this allows them to get to know you a little bit through your website.
Elizabeth Harris King is a Realtor at Harry Norman, Buckhead office. She is a member of the Million Dollar Council and soon to be a member of the Multi Million Dollar Sales Club. She has sold over $3 million in sales just in 2014 and a total of $5.5 million in sales since she has started in real estate a little over 2 years ago.