Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with Lori G. McDowell, an agent with Virtual Properties Realty Biz, on developing your digital identity into marketing dollars.
6. I’ve determined the best place for real estate marketing begins with diversification. Organic placement is crucial in any business, but especially in real estate. The best place to invest your marketing dollars begins with educating yourself.
5. Realtor.org is a great resource and offers a free library where you can download books http://ebooks.realtor.org. My late father told me, “An education is something no one can take away from you, and it empowers you to help others.” He frequently reminded me about the importance of being true to oneself.
4. What are you passionate about? Transforming your online business begins with a strong offline presence. Consistently serving a targeted group that you understand allows your authentic personality to shine.
3. Be SMART – Define Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely goals. Create a Business Plan and do it for free at: http://marketing.realtor.com. Connect with people, local businesses, charities, groups or neighborhoods, and help one another. Share your local real estate knowledge, earn their trust and together make a difference in the community.
2. Determine your income goals – Establish a monthly real estate marketing budget and capture enough leads to make it happen. I plan to market where sellers and buyers are visiting most. Check out the top 15 real estate websites for June 2014, according to eBiz|MBA.
1. Build your brand and your personal website. This is a work in progress for me. Make sure your website design is uncluttered, has an IDX search, includes links, videos and connections to your social media sites to create traffic; it should also use contact forms and share useful content. HouseLogic has free shareable content available for Realtors: http://members.houselogic.com/widgets/.
Lori G. McDowell is an agent with Virtual Properties Realty Biz in Duluth. A graduate from the University of West Georgia, Carrollton where she obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration/Real Estate, Lori was Rookie of the Year in 2004, and million dollar producer in 2004, 2005 and 2007 (and a multi-million dollar producer in 2006) at the West Metro Board of Realtors. She is currently a member of the Atlanta Board of Realtors, Georgia Association of Realtors, and the National Association of Realtors. She is VIP Team Host Leader at Mount Holly Church and enjoys raising money for the Carrollton High School Athletic Booster Club.