Every week, we ask a real estate professional for their Short List, a collection of tips and recommendations on an essential topic in real estate. This week, we talked with Amanda Staines, a Realtor at Century 21 Results Realty Services, for her advice on how agents can effectively market their properties.
You’ve got a new listing and now you need to create the best marketing possible. Here are my top tips for effectively marketing your listings:
6. Have a Marketing Plan – it will help set your clients expectations and it provide as a road map to a successful sale.
5. The Visual Experience is Everything – hire a professional photographer to properly showcase the home. Have your photos ready to go day one.
4. Have a Great Virtual Tour – This will help build traffic to your listing and sell the home for top dollar. Not to mention the new business that will come your way from Sellers that see your listings.
3. Push Your Listing on All of the Key Internet Sites – From day one, post on Zillow, Trulia, realtor.com, etc.
2. Reverse prospect and create a database of agents who have listed and sold in the neighborhood/area. Send them a first to know release before your new listing hits the MLS.
1. Open House – Host one within the first week. Market your open houses on the MLS and key sites and turn the “I’m just looking people,” into “I’m ready to buy this home.”
Amanda Staines is a Realtor at Century 21 Results Realty Services. As a 30-year veteran in real estate, she has been featured in the Atlanta Business Chronicle, MSN and the AJC, and one of her listings was featured on HGTV’s “Property Virgins.” Staines is a top-producing Realtor and has the highest customer satisfaction rating in her company.