It’s no mystery why Alpharetta’s population has nearly doubled since 2000 – the Atlanta suburb has numerous benefits and amenities for its residents, and is one of the metro area’s top housing draws.
Below, we have detailed five reasons that Alpharetta is such a dynamic market:
1. Dynamic Schools – Alpharetta’s schools are some of the best in Metro Atlanta, and have received an “A” rating from the coveted analytics website Niche. Additionally, Alpharetta features one of the state’s best elementary schools in Crabapple Crossing Elementary, where 2014 test scores were twice the state’s average.
Check out our story on Metro Atlanta’s best-performing school in affordable housing markets.
2. Perfect for Homeownership – Alpharetta’s schools are not the only thing Niche has praised. In addition, the suburb appeared on the site’s ranking of Georgia’s best places to buy a house. The community’s high home values ($316,800), excellent schools, low property taxes (1.07 percent) and high Millennial/Gen X population (28.5 percent of residents) earned it very high marks.
3. Cultural Offerings – Alpharetta features some of the Metro Atlanta area’s most dynamic cultural attractions. In addition to the annual Taste of Alpharetta, the town has the 12,000-seat Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park, where such diverse acts as the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Darius Rucker, Phish, The Eagles and Rod Stewart have performed.
4. High Safety – Alpharetta is one of the safest communities in the entire state of Georgia. According to FBI statistics compiled by SafeWise, per every 1,000 residents, there are only 0.60 violent crimes in Alpharetta, and 19.75 property crimes; those low levels of crime rank Alpharetta as Georgia’s 19th safest town.
Interested in learning about more of Metro Atlanta’s safest suburbs? Read our ranking of the area’s 10 safest suburbs.
5. Strong Luxury Housing – Finally, Alpharetta boasts one of the best luxury housing markets in the nation. According to recent research from Redfin, the average sales price for Alpharetta’s luxury housing stock in 2016’s second quarter was $1.281 million, a 15.8 percent increase over last year; that was the seventh-best increase in the nation, and far above the 0.8 percent increase for the nation’s luxury markets.